Friday 22 September 2017

Dear Ma...

Dear Ma,

I have to pen down my thoughts in this letter now, as I feel I have wronged you in many ways, many times…

You quit the job you loved and gave up on your dreams for being with me...I was your new dream!

What a fussy eater I was as a child;
Thank you for being persistent and not giving up on my health.

I am both thankful and sorry for the sleepless nights you had to spent for me..
While I was a baby, when I was a student writing my exams. Yes, my exams..and you would be sleepless!

Even now...I long for your warm embrace and those lovely soups when I am unwell.

It was always your family first…
Unending shopping during festivities, making every birthdays and vacations special, loving your home...just about everything…!
How did you manage Ma?

I was always a priority for you, even when I was busy settling with my life...
You continued to reach me...while I was too busy to reply to your messages on voicemail…
I am truly ashamed. Can you forgive me Ma?

I cannot turn the clock back and undo my mistakes, but I can promise that your son has changed now, Ma.
I can promise that besides being a good father, I will treat my wife well too,take care of her and appreciate her efforts and support her dreams to the best I can.

I wish you had been more careful about your health..
Cancer, and all the struggles with the treatment...you got frail day after day….
No one realised, that you were depressed;.you disguised your smile so well.


The disease has taken you to a point of no return... far far away from me…
I am sure you are one of kindest souls wherever you are now Ma, and watching over me too for sure...

Thank you for being there Ma. Thank you for making me what I am today.


Your Loving Son,












No comments:

Post a Comment